My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Friday, October 28, 2005

What should go into a blog?

As an avid reader of blogs, I always thought I knew exactly what should be included for ultimate entertainment. Faced with a blank screen, however, I don't know what to say. But there's two things I know I like, so I will do my best to apply them: I like pictures, and I like frequency. Truth be told, having something new to read every time I log on is far more important to me than it being good. And since this is my blog, what I say goes. But just to sound nice, at least, I will ask for your input. What do you look for in a blog? Sounds like a dating questionnaire.

I don't know how many pictures I can realistically promise. I don't have a digital camera (actually I don't have any camera except a disposable one that I've had for over three years now and can't seem to use up), and I have I think three real pictures online which you've now seen two of, but we'll see how it goes. This picture is from a children's theatre production of, well, guess hint: I'm stuck in a honey tree). Oddly enough, not the first time I played a bear. I think it was type-casting.

Here's what's happened to me recently. Not much. Kidding, I saw Shopgirl last night. I was a little disappointed. Not because it was bad, more that it wasn't like I expected. Jason Schwartzman was his usual charming self (he did some funny dancing, you know I'm a sucker for that). Claire Daines cried (I've never seen her in anything where she didn't).

I'm going to see a play called Manic Flight Reaction tomorrow. I know nothing about it, but I got free tickets, and I don't turn down free tickets.

I'm currently reading The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde which I'm really enjoying. It's a bit painful though, because I can only allow myself to read one chapter a day so I can focus on school and the chapters are so short! Hopefully I'll get to read some more this weekend. Maybe that's what I'll use my extra hour on.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really wanted to be the first person to comment, since I love blogs and I love Catherine, but since I was not informed until now, that is a loss.

I am glad you have a blog. I don't even really care if I know the people whose blog I am reading, but I do love blogs that tell me about people rather than about ideas, so you are on the right track.

If you want extra-familial readers, it seems like you have to go to other sites and comment with your blogger info, then someone stunned by your facinating comments comes over and sees what's what and spreads the word.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more--you should also add links. I like to see where people go online when they are not writing their own stuff. But not too many links, just some good ones.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I have mentioned to you, I think pictures are very important. And I happen to know that you live with someone with a digital camera (that would be me), so it should not be a problem to get them blog-ready.

Are we allowed to tell other potentially-interested readers about your blog, such as Rachael or Naomi (who is now notorious for her blog participation)?

2:50 PM  
Blogger Catherine Elizabeth said...

Sure, tell anyone you want.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home