My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

What I saw on the bus


After seeing Manic Flight Reaction (it was okay, but I'm glad that I didn't bring a church person as I was going to because it was pretty lesbionic) I went to McHales with my friend Melissa. I had to go there because I'd never been before, and Disney just bought the building, so it's closing at the end of the year. It's famous for being a dive with good hamburgers, and people in the theatre world frequent it (it started out really cheap, but it can no longer claim that). So we sat down and ordered, and who should walk in and be sat at the booth right next to ours? You guessed it, three Broadway actors. Mirelle Enos, Sam Robards, and Alan Ruck (of Ferris Bueller's Day Off) came it to get dinner between their matinee and evening show of Absurd Person Singular. I had been introduced to Mirelle (she went to BYU) a couple of weeks before by my friend Rachel who is friends with her, and of course, I'd been wearing the same sweater as I am today (what can I say, it's my Saturday sweater). When I first looked up and saw her, my first instinct was to say hello to her and remind her of our acquaintance in true Mormon style, but then I realized she was having dinner with famous people, and we would have to remain sitting side by side feeling awkward about ignoring each other. Then I realized I was wearing the same sweater, and became paranoid that since I was wearing the same outfit she would eventually remember meeting me and wonder why I hadn't said hello. Needless to say, she never recognized me, there was no need to fear. I will report that They all drank two Cokes apiece, and Mirelle (a very petite girl) ate more of her gigantic hamburger than either of the guys.

So, with half of my hamburger in my doggie bag (did I mention McHales is also famous for the size of their burgers?), I got on a bus heading uptown to the library to do some homework. (I know, you were wondering when the title was going to come into play) I was on one of the new hybrid buses, and so I was sitting fairly low to the ground. Around 55th Street, I was looking out the window at nothing at all really, when I saw a five dollar bill on the sidewalk. It was just laying there, and then it blow a little ways up the street, and lay still again. I was the only one who saw it. I looked around to see who had lost it, but I didn't see anyone with their wallets out or stuffing anything in or out of their pockets. Maybe it had been there for a while. There was a woman on the sidewalk who may or may not have been homeless (don't like to assume) and I wanted to tell her about the money that was two feet from her, but I couldn't. I was on the bus that was pulling away. It made me kind of sad. I wonder who'll end up finding it?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love that Winnie the Pooh picture? I like your stories about actor run-ins and I especially like your awkward stories.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No posts since Saturday? What's that about?

11:56 AM  
Blogger Catherine Elizabeth said...

I will pledge to write one new post a week. Any more than that should be considered a bonus. Please note, I make no promises as to the quality of said posts. Read at your own discretion.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want more

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home