My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Pig Farm

I was looking forward to this play for two reasons: 1)it's by Greg Kotis who wrote Urinetown which I liked and 2)Denis O'Hare is in it.
The basic plot (which didn't seem to be too important) is that Tim (John Ellison Conlee) and his Tina (Katie Finneran), new pig farmers, get a juvenile delinquent, Tim (Logan Marshall-Green) out of jail early to help them run their farm. There are rumors that a government inspector (Dennis O'Hare) is coming soon, so Tom tells Tim to count the pigs while he gets rid of fecal sludge in the river. Meanwhile, Tina is about to have a break-down over the fact that they have yet to start their family. While Tom is at the river, Tina and Tim console each other and when Teddy, the government inspector, arrives the next morning to a drunk Tom upstairs, and adulterous Tina and Tim in the basement, the pig feces really hit the fan.
I'm not really sure what I can say about it this play. I had a good time, but I'm not sure why. It's got lots of quirky humor, but is that enough for a whole play? It probably could have been, but the ending went a little too far, and was a little too long for me. I'll be interested in what the critics say, but overall, I thought it was good; not great, but good. Except Denis, of course, who is always perfection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home