My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Cocoa & Co.

This week we went to Vosges and it was a good place to be on a chilly April evening. The above picture is actually their Chicago store, but you get the idea - purple reigns supreme at Vosges. They have three different kinds of hot chocolate to choose from. I should have taken notes because I can't remember their names, but you could get a Mexican hot chocolate with cinnamon that was a little spicy, or a white chocolate, or a hot chocolate with vanilla bean. Needless to say, I chose the last one. It was very good, and although I feared the vanilla taste (why is chocolate ever diluted with vanilla? It's so wrong), it was just chocolaty and oh so good. Vosges serves their cocoa in tall thin glasses, and while I appreciated the novelty, they were quite hot to hold. Still, I would be very happy to give Vosges my patronage again, any time. Delightful. And look at these bunnies! As you know, I don't normally partake in plain chocolate (I like to mix things up), but these little guys are so cute, I'm almost tempted...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those bunnies are irrisistibly, quirkilly, ear cockilly cute.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those rabbits are almost too cute to eat.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Catherine Elizabeth said...

Anne-My dietary preferences are very complex. Don't strain yourself trying to understand them.

I think we'll probably turn to ice cream in the summer, but if they weather stays as it is, I think we can safely plan at least three more hot chocolate outing. Not that I object to hot chocolate in the summer, I do not. I drink it year-round, but I'm not sure that others do, and besides, eating ice cream is also really fun.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home