My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Friday, March 31, 2006

"You're standing in my kumquats!"

I just ate my first kumquat. I'll admit, this wasn't a completely voluntary culinary venture. A girl that I like very much is leaving the library after today, and she went around saying goodbye, and handing out the exotic fruits as a treat. She gave me one before I could think of a polite way to decline. I didn't even know what it was to be honest. When she told me, I was shocked. My only reference for kumquats is a line from the musical, The Fantasticks (see the title). I had imagined them to be bigger, and for some reason greenish brown. And when my friend said I was to eat the peel as well, I was not very excited by the prospect. I don't even like eating any of the white stuff on an orange-I'll literally spend 30 minutes carefully preparing my oranges before I eat them. But I saw no gracious way to get out of it, so I put it in my mouth, and lo and behold, I liked it. A lot. Peel and all. It was a delightful combination of sweet and sour-two of my favorite tastes. I may even add kumquats to my list of things to endorse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home