My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Saturday night in the big city

Most of the time, I keep myself to three general areas of the city; Lincoln Center (work), the theatre district, and Ha-Hi (Hamilton Heights for those of you not up on the lingo, in other words, home). But once in a while I'm forced to broaden my horizons, and get a little adventurous. On Saturday night, I went downtown (yes, downtown) with Erin and Michelle, and we had a great time.
Erin took us for dinner at Indian Bread Company (someplace I'd long been looking forward to visiting). Although their air conditioning left something to be desired on a hot summer night, the food was delicious (thank you Erin for eating the spicier sandwich I ordered, and letting me eat hers), and there's nothing like eating at an out of the way spot on Bleeker Street (okay, I know Bleeker St. isn't so much out of the way, but I'm just a girl from Ha-Hi, it was exotic for me) to make you feel like a so in-the-know New Yorker.
For dessert, we went to Cones. It was very difficult to choose from all of their delectable flavors (I had a sample of corn sorbet which was very good), but I think we did pretty well. I got chocolate sorbet and pineapple sorbet that were wonderfully complimentary. Erin got Dulce de Leche (sinfully good) and strawberry & cream gelato. Michelle got chocolate ice cream with raspberry sorbet. All of them were so good, and we enjoyed the atmosphere (particularly the employees' accents) quite a bit as well.
The night ended very successfully at home with a viewing of Clue - oh yes, we know how to show visitors a good time, you betcha.
PS. I almost forgot the most important thing. While walking through Times Sqaure (eww) to meet Erin and Michelle, I literally almost collided with Denis O'Hare. It was thrilling. Wish I'd thought to talk to him rather than just jump out of the way, but maybe next time. Now that I know which street corner to stand at.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time you see Denis:

"Oh, I was hoping to run into you...."

How much do you want to bet that he would stop and talk to you at least for a little bit and REALLY wonder how he knew you?

I am also hoping that you will let me borrow your INTRODUCTION TO CATALOGING AND CLASSIFICATION. I just finished NEVER LET ME GO.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Catherine Elizabeth said...

We did go to TDC lottery, but didn't get in, so I didn't mention it. But now you bring it up, I'll tell you that the guy who runs the lottery is British (married) and quite cute, so I did feel obliged to chat with him for a couple of minutes. His mother was visiting from the UK for a week, so he was a little nervous. Maybe I should go visit him again this weekend, you know, just to see how it went.
I really would talk to Denis O'Hare because I feel like we have enough of a connection (Roundabout) and I know that he would be really nice, even if (when) I say something stupid.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I've never really tried it, but always instinctively felt that I would not like Dulce de Leche. It just does not sound good to me. But Indian food and sorbet sure does. Erin has always been more adventurous in the food department than me, I am your classic wimp who orders the same thing practically every time.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home