My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Pet Peeve #4,368

Rutgers University calls the semester about to start "Spring 2006." This is causing me no end of annoyance. Mostly because every time at look at it, I think I've done something wrong and am in the wrong semester, but also because it just isn't logical. Rutgers has three semesters in the year, and they call them Fall, Spring, Summer. Why? If you name your semesters after the season they start in, fine. You'd have Fall, Winter, Spring. Or if you choose to name after the season they end in, fine. You'd have Winter, Spring, Summer. But Rutgers chooses to use Fall (when the semester starts), Spring (when the coming semester ends), and Summer (when that semester will end). The inconsistency drives me crazy! Why do they do this? It can't be solely to torment me, can it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In fact, I think "to torment Catherine" has been added to their mission statement. Too bad for you.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home