My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

NYPL made me do it

I've just bought a hardback copy of the third book in a trilogy of which I do not own the first two books. This is not a wise purchase, but I was forced into it, against my will. I happily read the first two books from the library, and was looking forward to doing the same for the last book, but NYPL has let me down most egregiously. The third book came out on December 19th. When the second book came out, NYPL listed it on their online catalog a week before it was released, and had it circulating by a few weeks afterwards. I know, I'm spoiled. But now, with this third book, it's been three months, and it's not even listed! I waited as long as I could force myself to wait, checking the catalog daily, and then I was driven to this. I can't imagine that they're not going to get it eventually (how could they carry the first two and not the third?), but this girl simply could not wait. Maybe after I finish reading it, I'll donate my copy to the library as an act of charity and love to my fellow book-lovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home