My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I Love You Because

This is a new musical playing off-Broadway right now. It's not normally anything I would rush to see, but I read an article specifically about one of the songs Stephanie D'Abruzzo (she was in Avenue Q and I really liked her) sings, and it peaked my interest. Then it came up on my discount ticket site, so I decided to go. It's not the best, but a fun fluff show; the equivalent of a date movie. It's a little too long, and while it's funny in parts, it's not consistent enough. But the performers certainly gave it their all, and I'm impressed with them for working in such an odd space (the stage is basically a wide catwalk across a black box theatre and the audience sits on both sides), they even attempted some full on dancing. This show would be great for colleges (BYU excepted-there's a comedic love scene and some bad language that wouldn't go over well there) and regional theatres near college towns. Click on the post title to visit their website.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The woman in the red shrug (or boob sling as I've heard them referred to and also which I really do not like. I mean, who thinks those look good?) looks like a perky, overly-smiley Maggie Gyllenhall.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home