My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Cocoa & Co.


This week we went to Jacques Torres Chocolate Haven. This place makes you feel like you wandered into Willy Wonka's place! The store is in the middle of their factory, and there are big windows so you can see the magic happen! By the time we got there, it looks like there weren't making anything, but there were trays of chocolate everywhere! The store was all ready for Easter weekend more chocolate rabbits, eggs, and chicks than you can shake a stick at. There was a bar where you ordered your hot chocolate. They had several flavors to choose from, and then you chose classic or wicked (spicy). I almost got a large classic hot chocolate, but thank goodness I reevaluated and got the small. What I got was a small cup of melted chocolate. I swear, this was not a beverage, it was just melted down chocolate. It was very thick, and very hot, and very intense. Dear readers, I have failed you. I couldn't drink the whole thing! If I'd had some water too, maybe I could have done it, but as it was, I had to admit defeat. By halfway through the cup, I felt like my entire insides were coated with chocolate. This place is definitely not for the faint of heart. Maybe I'll try again another day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds really good and makes me really thirsty at the same time. I'm surprised and a little disapointed you didn't go wicked.

4:04 PM  
Blogger voyageuse said...

There's something like that at Starbucks-- really intense chocolate in a little cup. I got one six months ago and haven't been able to order one again since.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catherine, I have to admit that when you talk about your Cocoa Co., I can't really imagine who else would do this. Are the rest imaginary friends?

I am not saying that your efforts are not worthwhile, I am just saying that it seems like all your young NYers are so "busy" that you couldn't possible coordinate your schedules like this.

It would be charming, and sad, if you were going with imaginary friends. Maybe next time you guys could take a picture together.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Catherine Elizabeth said...

Emily-I take offense to that remark! I've never had imaginary friends, only imaginary pets.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home