My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Unfair!

The past two days I've had people basically begging me to see free movies, and I've had to say no! Movie screenings are one of the bonuses to living in Manhattan. In the spring and fall especially, it's not too hard to find people offering free movie screening passes (it helps if you walk past a movie theatre, which I do every day!)for movies that haven't even come out yet! All it costs is an hour or two of time waiting in line. Frustratingly, most of these screenings take place during the day, and they're rarely happening at the movie theater where you get the offer (don't know why...) So yesterday, a guy walked up to me at the bus stop asking if I'd like to see a free movie starring Cate Blanchett that very evening, in my very own, beloved Lincoln Center movie theater! I was so sad to turn him down in favor of finishing school work that it's a good thing my bus came right then, or I might have changed my mind. Today as I was walking down the street at lunchtime, I got the very same offer for tonight! I suppose it's a lesson in not procrastinating (if I'd finished my paper early, I could have said yes), but oh so painful. You know I'll get no such offers next week when I can do whatever I want.

2 Comments:

Blogger voyageuse said...

I would definitely have just gone. Cate Blanchett is worth it... now you know why I end up with all-nighters.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! I got a phone call for a screening of a movie called Amazing Grace, starring Ioan G. and Rufus Sewell among others, but it was my night to work at the temple. I definitely considered telling the temple I couldn't come, but I just couldn't justify it...

I figure if it turns out to be a good movie, I'll go see it anyway, although it won't be free.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home