My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

toast


The other night I was thinking about how much I wanted some toast, and then I started thinking that really, there's never a time, day or night, when I wouldn't like to have some toast. I love it. I have a particular weakness for cinnamon sugar toast, but I also greatly enjoy toast and jam (seedless raspberry is the best!). Isn't there a Francis book where she'll only eat toast and jam? (Just looked. It's bread and jam, which is almost, but not quite as good as toast and jam)
Yes, I'm fairly sure I could happily eat toast for breakfast lunch and dinner for quite some time. It's just that good.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally understand peanut butter on toast but WITH butter? That is very odd.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catherine, you may not remember this, but for some reason we did not have a toaster when we first moved back from London. I distinctly remember how excited I was that Thanksgiving at Grandma's house because she had a toaster.

I can't imagine why we didn't have one. Was it in storage?

9:44 PM  
Blogger voyageuse said...

I totally understand the love of toast. I love it too. I bought a toaster Freshman year with my Dining Plus money. And I frequently think about how last summer when I was at a B&B in Stratford and they gave us toast as part of our full English breakfast. For some reason it was the best toast in the world ever. Although really, it was just normal toast I can make for myself. Maybe I was just really hungry, but I think it's just better when someone else makes it for you.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Amy-Alisa said...

T's cousins, at the reunion, made "camp toast" every morning, like it was the best thing ever, I thought it was a little weird. It reminded me of Tubby toast. But I disagree about toast being better than warm homemade bread with butter and jam. The only thing better is "ho-made".

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jam tomorrow, jam yesterday...but never ever JAM today!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Catherine Elizabeth said...

Rachel-I wouldn't have thought of the butter/PB combo (although I've certainly enjoyed PB toast many times), but I have to say, I'm intrigued. Butter's good, PB's good, together, they must be good!

Melissa - I'm so proud of you!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home