My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My latest crush


I love ice cream. I mean can't-live-without-it love. I eat it year-round (never did see what weather had to do with what I eat if I'm not eating outside) and I can't get enough. I have long professed that I had no use for ice cream that wasn't chocolate based. Vanilla, what's that? My favorite ice cream has been the same since the first time I tried it in college. Godiva Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. It's creamy, it's decadent; the tangy raspberry and dark chocolate flavors dance together on the taste buds in a way that's not quite natural and oh so good. It's been my ultimate treat for a long time.
But a while ago my mother told me about her current favorite ice cream flavor: Edy's Dreamery Black Raspberry Avalanche. I didn't really think twice about it; Edy's Dreamery may be will and good for some people, but it can't really compare to Godiva now can it? Not only is the brand inferior, but it's a vanilla based ice cream. No thank you. The only exceptions I can make for my chocolate based rule are the occasional mint chocolate chip or cookie dough. But I saw my mom's ice cream at the grocery store one day, a day that my Godiva goodie was nowhere to be found. So I bought it. I took it home and I ate it. It was divine. Glorious even! I'm completely hooked. This ice cream is ultra creamy (a big plus in my book) and raspberry-y (another bonus), and it has dark chocolate chunks that melt quite easily in your mouth (the best part of all-I don't like frozen candy). I think I've found my Valentine this year, and his name is Edy. I suggest you buy a pint next time you're at the store, but be advised, it may prove habit forming.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have strict ice cream related rules and the number one rule is that fruit does not belong in my ice cream. I love fruit and I love ice cream, seperate, not together.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home