My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Cherry Lime Rickey

I promised Amy my report of the family visit would be up today, but I haven't gotten there yet. Instead, I'll tell you what I did last night. I went to see a Neil LaBute play downtown, Some Girl(s), which was good. I was very glad because last year's Fat Pig was very much not good, and I know Patrick wants to tape something of his (we've not taped anything since The Shape of Things), and I was relieved to be able to tell him that this was worth taping. It was classic LaBute, and the performances were solid.
Afterwards, I met some friends at a local Soda Shop, I'd heard about. It was really fun; I'd go there again. I ordered a Cherry Lime Rickey, which I'd heard about from Erin a while back. I thought I was sure to like it, but I have to say, it wasn't my favorite. Maybe if there was a diet version, but it was too sweet, not sour enough. Next time, I'll get a milkshake. You can't go wrong with that, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger voyageuse said...

Well now I'm kind of sad I didn't see Some Girl(s) in London last summer. I saw his other play which was running simultaneously at a different theatre, "This Is How It Goes", which I really liked. There just wasn't enough time! When I saw Chris's report of the NYC trip, I was very jealous. I am feeling very boxed in here in Provo while so many of my friends and family are frolicking in London and NYC. I need some good theatre! I need some good museums! I crave them and my hunger will not cease, I will starve here in Provo which hath not the means to satiate my ravenous appetite! That is all I ask. O, I wax dramatic.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize it was such an all-star cast for Some Girls. I'd like more details about the performances, but I can get them in person.

We are definitely going to the Soda Shop one of these days!! Can't believe I never went when I worked down in that area.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home