My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

What I've been doing

Oh yeah, I was going to post something new an exciting every day this week. Well, as you've noticed, I didn't. Here's what I've been doing instead.
Monday: Tony nominations announced from LPA! Tried to do The Drowsy Chaperone lottery, found out they are no longer doing Monday performances, so went home only to discover that I'd left my keys at work. Fun.
Tuesday: Did The Drowsy Chaperone lottery, didn't go in, but went and had dinner at Say Cheese! One of my favorite places to eat in the theatre district (they served all kinds of grilled cheese sandwiches, in case you couldn't figure it out). Did laundry.
Wednesday: Did The Drowsy Chaperone lottery, didn't get
in, got on the bus to go home, but got off on a whim at the T-Mobile store and bought a new phone. Okay, it wasn't completely on a whim. I've been vaguely contemplating getting a new phone since Christmas because my phone's backlight won't go off, so it drains the battery within a couple of hours. The thing that put me over the edge is that I got my Mary Engelbreit newsletter earlier this week, and they talked about ME wallpaper you can download to your phone. Of course I immediately went to download one, and I couldn't because my phone was too old! Obviously I can't live with the knowledge that other people have ME wallpaper on their cell phones and I don't, so I knew the time had come. Now here's where I eat my words. I went to the store, and I'd already pretty much picked out my replacement phone from online, but when I got there I saw that what I'd thought was a silver phone was actually white. I couldn't take it. The next phone up was black (the silver phones were expensive) which to me, is better, so I got it. I'm ashamed to tell you it's a camera phone. I never thought I'd go there, but I confess, the idea of being able to put pictures on my blog at my whim rather than planning ahead and borrowing Erin's camera, was delightful. So, I'm truly one of the masses. I've taken a couple of pictures (quality isn't great, but what can you expect from a phone?), but I can't figure out how to get them off my phone and onto my blog yet. That'll be my next project.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think a camera phone is anything to be ashamed of once you have crossed the shameful (but practical) cell-phone line. It seems fun.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home