My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Friday, May 26, 2006

"I'm suddenly feeling very...drowsy"

After several fruitless evenings at The Drowsy Chaperone lottery, last night my friend won! And when my friend wins, that means I win too. Before the show started, I began to get a giddy in anticipation, as well as a little nervous that I had imagined the show to be a little better than it actually was. Foolish Catherine. Of course it's that good! Maybe not for everyone, but for me, this is exactly what a show should be. I know I said it before, but it just reminds me so much of what the movie Thoroughly Modern Millie is for me (and that the stage show kind of, but did not entirely capture) which is complete delight. I just truly enjoy and love every moment. I laughed even harder last night than I did the first time both from being able to anticipate some of my favorite moments, and from seeing things I didn't notice the first time around.
I had told myself that two times would surely be enough for me, but now, I don't think so. I will definitely go when we tape it (that's a given), but I have to say, I think the lottery guy had better get used to having me around. I'm addicted, I just can't get enough. Please come visit me and see this show so that I can go with you! If I keep taking people, than it won't be my fault if I keep seeing it, right? No, I won't say that. I don't need a reason to want to see it again, I just do and that's all there is to it. This is going to be one of those shows that I tell my children about over and over, and go on and on about how I was there to see it all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home