My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Birthday festivities


Well, this will be the birthday that never ends. Yesterday Erin and I went to brunch (something we've been meaning to do for a while) with some friends and had a lovely time. Today I received cards and calls which were all very welcome; thank you. And Erin made me this magnificent cake! It was delicious as well as eye-catching. Tomorrow I'll go out for a bit with Roundabout friends, and Wednesday Erin and I are going to see Doubt. By that time, perhaps even I will be ready for my birthday to be over.


P.S. I know that my side bar says "Last play I saw" and I haven't seen Doubt yet, but I'm seeing another play the day after we see Doubt, and I didn't think it nice to only leave it up for one day, so I'm putting it up early.

P.P.S. I try not to be stodgy and mopey about getting older (although I will admit to feeling that adulthood has yet to hold a candle to being a kid. Third grade was my best year-definitely), but I do like to feel as though I'd accomplished something with each passing year. I suppose for this last one I can count a trip to Brazil and starting grad school (need I mention starting a blog?), but for this one just starting, I have nothing extraordinary planned. Any ideas?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work on the cake, Erin.

Catherine--sorry, no bright ideas for you, I am just muddling through myself. What if you try to figure what the Cloisters are and visit them?

10:24 AM  
Blogger voyageuse said...

I love the Cloisters! And I accidentally drove up there last time I was trying to drive home from your apartment. I wanted to jump out and go exploring, but of course Lindsay wasn't up for that. Oh well, I had already been to the Cloisters with my French class during high school.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope to sometime this week send something off to you...

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home