My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

One of my favorite things...


I like riding the bus better than the train; better views. What makes a bus ride even better is when I get my favorite seat. Oh yes, I have a favorite. Let me set the scene, for those of you who don't frequent NYC public transportation. When you get on the bus (and I'm talking about the basic bus. There are a couple of other styles, but we won't get into them here) to your right is a row of single seats, and to the left, a row of doubles. Towards the back of the bus the seats change from facing front to being sideways benches, with a long bench along the back. But on the left side of the bus there is a rear door, which leaves just one single solitary sideways seat right behind the row of doubles, rather than a whole bench, and that, my friends, is my very favorite place to sit on any bus ride. It's easy; there's minimal to no interaction with other passengers, and you're right by the door to get off. Other people don't seem as attracted to that seat as me, but that's just fine. More rides in the best seat on the bus, all for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home