My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Carpets and candy


Tonight I went to a most peculiar place; a carpet store that has its own chocolatier. Well, to call it a carpet store is simplifying it a bit, but that's what it's called. ABC Carpet. We went specifically for hot chocolate (and it was well worth the trip, believe you me), but I'll have to go back and do some quality window shopping (well, and I'll have some more hot chocolate too, but that goes without saying). It was a treasure trove of knick-knacks, furniture, jewelry, pictures, dishes, drapes, and of course, carpets. It also has two restaurants, and said chocolatier. We had chocolate fondue, hot chocolate, and a few bonbons for good measure. It was delightful. Put this on your to do list next time you're in Manhattan.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did this happen to be with the "Hot Chocolate Club"? Who is this "we" you speak of?

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoopi G. just talked about going to ABC Carpet this morning on Live with Regis and Kelly. Wow--is she in your hot chocolate club?

11:11 AM  
Blogger Catherine Elizabeth said...

Whoopi wishes she was in our hot chocolate club! I don't think anyone actually calls it the hot chocolate club but me, but it consists of some singles from Harlem 1st. I think this is a craze that could really catch on.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home