My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I moved to NYC to become a famous actress, and now I'm working the library. Life's funny that way. I like to bake, and I often stick my foot in my mouth, but I try not to do it at the same time.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Crying away my winter blues

I like winter and I'm not going to complain about how cold it is. Note to everyone in NY: In the winter it's supposed to be cold. Some people seem to have forgotten this little correlation between seasons and temperature which they should have mastered in preschool. However, I will mention this little complaint. Much to my embarrassment, I arrive most places in tears these days. Not because I'm upset, but just because the cold wind makes my eyes water. My eyes are on the sensitive side anyway because I wear contacts, but in the winter, the first cold wind starts the tears, and then they just keep coming until I get indoors. I know people are just being nice when they ask if I'm okay, but I'm so tired of explaining it. I can't be the only one this happens to, can I? I'm getting to the point where I'm looking forward to spring just so I can stop crying all the time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to come up with a new reason why you are crying everytime someone asks. You can go for the easy tragedies on strangers (My dog died, I just came from the doctor...) but for people you know, you are going to have to be much more creative (I was lamenting the fact that Jena Malone has a job or My sister made me chop onions all night long).

Good luck.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home